A new luxury spa will replace the existing facilities offering a range of experiences for the ultimate in relaxation and wellbeing.
List of treatments:
A list of all our treatments will appear here shortly.
The new facilities will be open from Summer 2019 and will be available as part of a Spa membership
Building works on the new relaxing spa facility are moving forward and we are on schedule to open in Summer 2019
February 2019 - Development in Progress
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is it opening?
Work is currently underway to create a great new Spa facility at Furzefield Leisure Centre. Works are on track to complete early June 2019.
- What does The Spa have?
The Spa at Furzefield will have two areas, thermal experiences and treatment areas.
The Thermal experience will have the following:
– Salt Sauna – Helping to ease aches and pains and enhances the body’s natural sleep cycle. This is a traditional sauna with a Himalayan salt wall.
– Aroma Steam Room – Natural sea salts help clear your mind whilst the salt steam soothes and heals your skin. The steam room generates humid heat with temperatures of up to 70C.
– Herbal Sauna – A true Finnish sauna experience, this dry heat sauna helps to relax your muscles whilst deep cleaning your body in temperatures of up to 100C.
– Ice Fountain – A cooling experience to tone and refresh your skin.
– Heated Relaxation Benches – Rest and relax on our heated benches
– Health Shower
– Relaxation Area
The treatment area will have four treatment rooms, nail and pedicure stations and a relaxation area. There will be a great range of treatments including;
– Body treatments
– Nail care
- What’s happening with the changing rooms?
The changing rooms are being refurbished as part of the development and these will serve Spa Members and day spa users.
PLEASE NOTE: swim only members will not be allowed to use these changing rooms, neither will anyone under the age of 16.
- Why is there no spa pool?
The new spa experience has been designed to encourage health benefits. Each use of a thermal room is part of a mini cycle with hot and cold experiences.
- How do I access the spa?
The Spa will have a dedicated reception, however customers will need to check in first at the main reception before proceeding to access the spa.
- How do I access the Spa from the swimming pool?
Any customer with a Spa element to their membership will be able to access the Spa from the swimming pool. This will be access controlled and monitored.
- Opening Times
We are currently finalising the opening times for The Spa and will have more information shortly.
- Will I get Towels?
Towels will be provided for customers purchasing a treatment. Customers wishing to use the Thermal experience will need to bring their own towel.
- Can all customers use The Spa?
The Spa is available for everyone to use, either as a Spa member or as a pay as you go option.
- How much will a Spa membership cost?
There will be a range of memberships available including The Spa, further details will be available soon.
- How many people can use the Spa at one time?
The decision will be made on if this will be a bookable session or if customers can just turn up, this will depend on capacity numbers which I will have in due course.
- How long are the sessions?
The Spa thermal experience is available for a two hour session.
- Do I have to book?
We recommend that customers book their Thermal Spa experience.